The best prenatal vitamins will give you 100 per cent of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) of all the essential vitamins and most minerals. According to the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), a high quality prenatal vitamin should include these essential nutrients and vitamins:
- Vitamin A and Beta Carotene (770 mcg), which is important for the development of baby’s heart, lungs, kidneys, eyes, and bones, and the circulatory, respiratory, and central nervous systems. It is also essential for moms, to help with tissue repair after giving birth.
- Vitamin D (5 mcg), to help the body utilize calcium and phosphorus properly.
- Vitamin E (15 mg), to help in the production and use of red blood cells and to build muscle tissues. Vitamin C (80 – 85 mg), to help in proper iron absorption.
- Thiamin/B1 (1.4 mg), to boost energy level and nervous system function.
- Riboflavin/B2 (1.4 mg), also to help maintain energy level and promote healthy cells.
- Niacin/B3 (18 mg), also to help promote healthy cellular, nerve and digestive functions.
- Vitamin B6 (1.9 mg), which numerous studies indicate can help ease morning sickness symptoms.
- Folic Acid/Folate (800 mcg), to help support the placenta and prevent neural tube defects.
- Calcium (1,000 – 1,300 mg), to help build strong bones and help in muscle and nerve functions.
- Iron (27 mg), to help make red blood cells and to prevent anemia, low birth weight, and premature delivery.
- Zinc (11-12 mg), is needed to help produce insulin and enzymes to support infant development.
Thrive prenatal vitamins can provide 100% of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for all these important nutrients and vitamins for pregnancy. Taking one tablet a day, together with a well-balanced diet of nutrient dense foods, can help provide balanced nutrition and safeguard you and your baby from nutritional deficiencies that may harm the pregnancy. Use this link to get your Prenatal Vitamins.